Thursday, October 30, 2008

i am having the reds.

the confounded hood.


gak.
i'm going crazy/have gone crazy making this hooded cape.

what were you thinking, mel?
just because you:
1) own a sewing machine
2) can read instructions
3) have fabric

does NOT mean that you can make a costume.

in a fit of i-am-going-to-pull-my-hair-out (hardeehar, with the little hair i have left) frustration, i lashed out, ARGH, WHY AM I DOING THIS ANYWAY?!?!?

and my little sister, who is so wise beyond her years, said simply and calmly:

"because it is better to make your own costume than buy it at wal-mart."

she should have her own etsy store.
oh, gilly bean.

how could i have forgotten that?
so with that in mind, à la machine!

5 comments:

Christie said...

you can do it!!!

stop. have a cup of tea & a chocolate biscuit (or something else you like), regroup & finish it!

I am dying to make my daughter a little red riding hood cape, so I can't wait to see yours finished :-)

Mon Petit Lapin said...

Keep at it!! Think how awesome it will be finished, I think I would wear it everywhere all the time not just at Halloween!! And everyone will be saying oooo where did you find that?! And then you'l feel proud of yourself! You can do it!!

Q's Daydream said...

Oh my! I know how you feel! On a side note, Im so excited because I took my first sewing lesson yesterday...yay! More frustrations here I come...lol! :o)

Happy Halloween!

Wendy said...

hang in there.. you can do it! i love the stripes inside -- super cute!

Kirsty said...

Wise words from my lovely friend Christie. You can do it! Keep on keeping on.