Friday, May 8, 2009

i'm here!

bonjour!
i am finally in beautiful paris!


i thought i'd upload pictures and say hello before my dad and i walk to the left bank. we've already done rick steve's historic paris walk.
paris, mes amis, is sooooo beautiful. the apartment that we are staying in is at least 200 years old and is right in the middle of cafes and restaurants. as i am writing this i can hear lovely french chatter, the clatter of cups and saucers and people singing. it is very much a lively scene outside. (and what am i doing inside?!?! harhar. my dad went out for a quick walk. he's looking for a grocery store to buy some food. nutella specifically. harhar. i just woke up from a very much needed nap). the weather is very pleasant - tights and sweater weather.
this is the view from l'appartement:




some pics from our walk:




i had an upset stomach from the plane ride (and plane food!). but i've already had the following:
- salade de chevre chaud
- steak with bearnaise sauce
- red wine
- chocolate mousse
- cafe creme
- macarons en vanille






i've gotten to practice my french a lot today. it surprises me how much i can still understand. and it amazes me how such a simple movie, sabrina, (as silly as it sounds) can create dreamers.

and that is all for now. i brought my polaroid and my konica film camera as well, so i'll have so many pictures to show you that you will get tired of them. harhar.
have a good weekend! :)

4 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

Ooh, lucky lucky! What lovely photos! Have a macaroon for me!

Antoinette said...

You look so.... FRENCH! Hahaha, I'm so happy for you. Beautiful photos. Look forward to more. :)

claudia said...

Plane food is so bad...made me sick every single time! I'm happy to see that you are finally in your dream city. Have a lot of fun :)

John M said...

you look so lovely! no way! you went to the shakespeare & co. bookstore! I've always wanted to go there.