Sunday, August 30, 2009

the butter to my toast.



having watched julie & julia (which i really recommend, btw) has made me want to blog. 10 of julie powell's blog posts and two nutella teaspoons later here i am with a slight stomach ache ( i really must stop eating nutella like ice cream) and very much inspired (& hungry).
i am excited to say that i'm going back to school (part-time) in the fall for an event & meeting management certificate. i guess i can say that this is my challenge, as julie's julie/julia project was hers.
i cannot wait! i start in a few weeks.
it's a good excuse to go school supply shopping again. :)

for now i leave you with some pictures from our family trip to quebec. picnicking on freshly baked baguettes with cheese from the local fromagerie and apple butter and strawberry gel in the van was the best.





5 comments:

John M said...

yum! reading this made me so hungry!

Antoinette said...

I bet going back to school will be fabulous. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Celine said...

a trip to quebec sounds so lovely! I wanted to go with Jin this year, but perhaps some other time!
I loved loved loved that movie so much! I was all twinkly eyed for days! Have you attempted a recipe of hers yet?

Goodluck in school! that program seriously sounds perfect for you!

Lorna said...

Your photos are lovely, and they make me hungry! I discovered your blog while looking up images for "Julia Ormond" from the film, Sabrina. I absolutely love your 'I love' blog header. Made my day!!!

Lorna said...

I too loved fairy tales growing up! Little Women was also a favorite as well as Cheaper By The Dozen. Sadly I never read Nancy Drew, spending my mystery reading moments in the Trixie Beldon Series, and once as an adult, went back to read one and thought, "What the heck was I thinking?" Good luck catching up on your reading!